There’s always something new to report about the Internet’s premier vientology site, wwtl.com. (I’m a big homer for my own blog; but let’s be honest, it has not yet caught up with Carl Rogers’s pioneering site.)
* Updated FAQ. To be honest, most of the questions are rarely asked, but changing it to Frequently Unasked Questions would make it the FUQ. Noting that most questions are Administrative or Site-related would make it the AS-FUQ. And who wants to explain to their spouse that they’re checking on Carl Rogers’s latest AS-FUQ?
* [Present-day] video of the former Lincoln Highway. Writes Carl:
You will also learn in this video what nearby freeway absorbs traffic at the Altamont Pass region.
Steve Firth asks:
Have you got a video of you sticking your head in a blender?
Steve, try this quick link.
In fact, one of the areas in which wwtl.com does not lead the world is videos of people’s heads in blenders. He is tied with most of MTR at zero. The closest you will get is Mr Yamamoto’s site, where a roadie for the Teutonic punk quartet GartenKill has a hot waffle iron close on his hand.
* IE8 support. Although IE8 has been out for only a little while (and you can get a Nickelback mp3, or if you’re in Australia, a chance to win $10,000), wwtl.com has been supporting this browser since March. Carl says:
While we support Firefox, Safari, and Opera, your visual experience at the WWTL is taken to a whole new level w/ the world’s leading standard — Internet Explorer.
If you don’t have IE8, take a look at this beautiful screenshot. Droool.
* Pictures from Dubai. Carl Rogers hasn’t actually been there, but he will have photos from a real live Dubaian – Pham Hung Son! Carl says:
You’ll be surprised to see how advanced the U.A.E. highway system is — in fact, it appears to be one of the leaders in high-speed travel and safety.
(Why? My guess: no women drivers.)
* A slideshow pause button.
Go ahead, press our new “Pause” and “Play” buttons! These buttons come in handy for people needing more time to view a certain road photograph … perfect for those who have just a few minutes to spare and want random access to roads in the Americas, Europe, Asia, and Australia. Talk about vientology at its simplest.
This is yet another wwtl.com innovation which may find an even greater applicability in porn. The others are:
- drag and resize photo (obvious)
- virtual coordinates (just where was that VIP party?)
For those haters that say Carl has jumped the shark: not so fast. Come up with your own innovations, then you can talk.